TOTAL RAISED: $10,558.50
Last Updated: June 21, 2020
Leaderboards are posted below
Reading Recreation Commission’s food service program is an instrumental part of feeding the Greater Reading community’s kids. The current restrictions in place due to the COVID-19 outbreak have increased the necessity of RRC and at the same time limited their ability to raise funds to combat the uptick in food insecurity in the region. In the wake of our postponement, Reading Radsport is asking the community and past participants to step up and help raise additional funds to support RRC’s mission to continue to feed children of Greater Reading. We encourage the community to join us in our friendly competition to record the fastest road cycling, road running, trail running, and mountain bike times up the designated routes on Mt. Penn. These solo efforts will comply with the current requirements of physical distancing in place. Participants will be required to make a minimum donation of $20 to RRC and then record their solo efforts up Mt. Penn using Strava. All proceeds will go to RRC’s mission to continue to provide food security to the youth of Greater Reading. Bragging rights will go to the fastest time and most times summited up Mt. Penn.
Bob McClennan’s Art Auction
May 25, 9am
Keystone Racing p/b Lupine Lights
Brandon Hanson of State Farm Insurance is contributing a Matching Gift of $10 per entry
The first 10 registrants had their contribution supplemented by Brandon Hanson of State Farm Insurance. Brandon has been supporting the Reading Recreation Commission through the Reading Radsport Festival each year with his Citizen’s Hill Climb incentives including the “Lanterne Rouge” prize for the slowest time to the William Penn Firetower. Brandon is one of the first people in Reading to reach out to us about creating a challenge during these unprecedented times, and we are so grateful for his enthusiasm and support.
BONUS CONTRIBUTION: For everyone who contacts Brandon for a no-obligation quote, he will donate another $10 to the Virtual Climb Challenge. You do not have to even participate in the Segments. Just contact him using the button below and mention “Radsport” to help us out.
Eric Schippers helped us get over the $2000 mark by offering a $500 matching gift, starting April 26. Beginning at $1355, once we reached $1855 in registrations or donations, an additional $500 was granted, pushing us immediately to $2355!
Eric has been doing the road cycling and mountain biking segments on this challenge and is doing quite well!
Shillington Eye Associates
Shillington Eye Associates, LLC helped us increase the participation in the Trail Running segment bu offering $20 per run ($100 total) to get us to 8 total challengers. Times d not matter – we want to see participation in the segment! We achieved this goal on May 13, unlocking the $100 and also putting us over the $3000 mark!
Integrity Electric Inc, Shillington, PA
Integrity Electric Inc. helped us kickstart the MTB segment by offering $20 per run ($100 total). Similar to the Trail Run initiative, we did not care what the times were – we only wanted to see new times posted! We achieved this goal in the second week of May!
Now through May 31, 2020
- Minimum $20 donation on BikeReg to be considered in the competition. Your donation enters you for consideration on all 4 segments.
- Join our Strava Group
- Run or Ride solo on the segments. Group efforts will not be counted
- Submit your ride to us to make sure you’re effort is counted. We will do our best to record efforts posted to the Strava Group but this helps us make sure you’re fairly included!
We are not awarding prizes for the fastest times because we found in our testing that different devices create (sometimes wildly) different Strava results. We created a tutorial for changing your Garmin settings, but not everyone uses the same devices. For this reason, our leaderboards are for your own bragging rights.
Everyone who registers on BikeReg will be entered into a raffle for Radsport merchandise. Check out what we have available on our Shopify store!
Raffle: USA Cycling Memberships
- Bryan Betts
- Gavin Biebuyck
- Tim Delay
Raffle: Radsport Merchandise
- Andrew Freye
- Colin Fitzgerald
- Keith Miller
- Bobby Lea
- Greg Wesolowich
- Ken Dewald
- Gerry Grayce
- Geoff DeWire
- Only those who make a donation before competing are eligible for the challenge
- Participants can make as many attempts as they would like
- No group rides. This is a social distance event. Solo rides only – any group rides will not be considered, and possibly grounds for removal from the competition leaderboard
- If you ride an e-bike, please make sure to mark the ride attempt as an e-bike ride.
- You’re disqualified if you break the law. That includes any mandates prohibiting solo outdoor activity that may occur between now and the end of the challenge date.
- Should law enforcement implement no outdoor activities rule in Berks County, we will take the fastest times as of the official declaration. Should the implementation go into effect, any times during the official implementation will not be considered.
Road Cycling LeaderboardUpdated May 31, 2020
e-Bike LeaderboardUpdated May 13, 2020
Road Run LeaderboardUpdated May 31, 2020
MTB LeaderboardUpdated May 31, 2020
|Tammy Kondisko Kondisko||38:08|
Trail Run LeaderboardUpdated May 31, 2020
Full Quad LeaderboardComplete all 4 segments and see where you stand!
|Name||Road||MTB||Road Run||Trail Run||Total||Time Back|